NOS Sears Roebuck "Governor Motor Cooler" for tractor conversion, doodlebug, stationary engine, saw rig, etc.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: NOS Sears Roebuck "Governor Motor Cooler" for tractor conversion, doodlebug, stationary engine, saw rig, etc.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Sears Roebuck "Governor Motor Cooler" for Model T Ford motor

$125 - includes shipping and a set of photocopied instructions.

A big Thank you to Donnie Brown for posting the instructions a while back on the forum which enabled me to ID the unit - see this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/512917.html?1422241743

Appears to be NOS/un-used. Very good to excellent condition. I have not cleaned this unit - it's just a little dusty/dirty. Refer to photos.

Appears to be 100% complete. Based on the parts list, it is missing the two red fibre "friction washers" (for the manual throttle arm). Easily obtainable red phenolic washers or rubber washers will probably suffice.

Please respond via the private message function by clicking on my name above. Please include your email address so I can reply.

I will not respond to inquiries that I consider spam or scam.

(Message edited by Erik_johnson on March 02, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:57 am:

SOLD - pending receipt of payment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:58 am:

pm sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Nice Erik - yours is the only other one of that type I've seen besides the one on a '13 engine that my wife inherited off an old buzz saw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

If anyone has one they'd like to sell, i'm an interested party.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

I might be able to assist you in your quest ! Drop me a note off the profile access.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

What was its purpose? As speed decreased fan speed would increase?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Robert:

It's for a Model T Ford motor that is being used as a stationary engine.

Ideally, the governor maintains the rpm regardless of changes in engine load.

The governor controls the carb which in turn regulates the amount of fuel going into the intake.

For example: if the motor starts to slow down due to increased load, to compensate the amount of fuel introduced into the intake automatically increases which minimizes further slowing down of the motor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

I belive on the buzz saw thread on forum they posted a video of one of these working a buzz rig with T engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

cool... thanks for the explanation.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration