Minerva exhaust whistle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Minerva exhaust whistle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

Parts wanted

Anyone have a decent Minerva exhaust whistle for sale? if so details please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Minerva-Auto-Horn-Exhaust-Whistle-Brass-Model-T- Era-Ford-Chevy-Dodge-/142298472241?hash=item2121a65f31:g:nkMAAOSwj85YQLXp&vxp=mt r

Not mine but it's for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Thanks Lonnie. I saw this one on ebay but thought it was a might expensive for the repairs needed. Hoping a better one turns up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Ford a Model T, you should really have a Minerva Ford Special, not the larger/heavier Minerva that is perpendicular to the tail pipe (there were actually three sizes of those).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Thanks for the info Erik. Finding the Ford special one is now the problem!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

The Ford Specials show up once in a while.

However, the nickel-plated pedal that goes with it is harder to find (circled below).

My dad has a Ford Special and the matching nickel-plated pedal that he removed from an unrestored 1914 Ford about 65 years ago.

I also have the correct pedal for the Ford Special I posted above but I haven't installed the whistle on my car.

I had a second regular style Minerva in addition to the one I posted above but I sold both a couple years ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration