Rajo C 35 head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Rajo C 35 head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:42 am:

Complete Rajo C 35 head including rockers, pushrods, lifters, intake/exhaust manifold, long head bolts and a valve cover that doesn't fit quite right. Lang's offers the right valve cover. This is the late series Rajo head with 2 intake ports and 3 exhaust ports on the passenger side. Spark plugs are on the drivers side. The head is ready to bolt on and run. Located in Seattle area but could get it to Chickasha or Bakersfield. $3500 OBO.

wberdan symbol comcast dot net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Walt you know I want it. But I just bought another dam car.(heads take up a lot less space)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Cool set up. T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 07:13 am:

I have always thought with this head it needs a lot more compression to make it work really well. I have one and thought of using a bigger piston to fill some of the combustion chamber to bring the compression up a whole lot more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Overheads...Rajo, Frontenac, Roof, etc have deep combustion chambers..which need pop-up/domed pistons for any significant compression increase. A T model Frontenac has a chamber depth of 1.25 inches...
whereas the R and SR have 0.125 less each respectively. I don't think the C35 is any different from any of the others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

Yes, any of these really like a high domed piston. The combustion chamber on this head is approximately 1 1/4" so pretty low compression. I have a T Fronty on my speedster and it really liked it when I switched from standard T to domed pistons.

Robin - That's exactly why you need this head, you know your new car wants it.

The head now has a ride to Chickasha and if not sold before then will go to Bakersfield (always been on my list of meets to attend).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Keep in mind when using higher compression pistons you add a great deal of stress and pressure on some very small rod bearings.

Sometimes bigger is not always better!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Any significant compression bump can do that. You get to choose if/what/where to make changes to support the extra ponies. My speedster Fronty lives over a shortened A crank with domed pistons and seems really happy. Bigger can be better but I suspect we've all found that there is no simple change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

I run a Frontenac with flat top pistons and a A crank in my speedster for the last 25 years,the car is fast and no problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

the reason the T fronty and commercial rajo's had 1.250 combustion depth is that gave compression ratio approx 4 to 1 with stock pistons same as stock T the fronty model S 1.125 R 1.00 SR .875 each gained approx. 1 comp. point with the SR approx. 7 to 1 so if you have a good stock bottom end if you can run high domes with stock head you can run them with 1.250 overhead even easier with better combustion chamber over the L head so yes bigger is better in this case

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Pushing it to the top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Anybody got the top end for one of these? I have a really good head and valves but no stands or rockers.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Tim,

If all else fails, and there are many smart folks on this forum, Rocker Arms Unlimited at www.Rockerarms.com can make whatever you need if you provide the specs. Actually, figuring out the stands and shaft shouldn't be tough, it's getting rockers the right length and ratio that could require some help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Sold, Thank You MTFCA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration