FOR SALE - Sandy Hollow Fire Dept NY Captain Aluminum Badge From Henry Austin Clark Jr.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE - Sandy Hollow Fire Dept NY Captain Aluminum Badge From Henry Austin Clark Jr.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:07 am:

As a young man in the 1960's I made many visits to the Long Island Auto Museum. Austin Clark would always take time to chat and show me around all the cars on display an in the out buildings. He gave me this plaque all those years ago. It's come time to let it go to another collector who will enjoy having it as much as I have and hopefully mount it on their Fire Chief's Model T. I am asking $300 for it plus postage.

Here's a link to a little history on this badge.

http://www.vanderbiltcupraces.com/blog/article/thursday_july_22_2010_austin_clark_jrs_sandy_hollow_fire_department

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I've made a few visits to the Sandy Hollow Fire Department. It is completely in ruins now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Hey Jay, not to steal your post, thanks for establishing the value. A few years back I picked up a bunch at Hershey, they really are cool, I now have them on some of my cars. Austie gave them away to his collector buddies over the years. When you visited him, and if he liked you he would hand you one when you were leaving.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

This is the 15 chiefs car he donated to our FD here in Southampton.One afternoon he came down to our antique barn on Flying Point Road and asked if anyone had a trailer,one of the guy's answered yes and he told them to meet him at the Museum later that afternoon. When they showed up he drove out the 15 chiefs car and said "you can have it but you can never sell it, this car is was the first I bought as teenager." One of the young guys working for him at the time, "Swede"Amund Edwards ,later told me that he had this car repainted and outfitted to match our 1912 American La France. Swede told us Austie had created to Sandy Hollow FD to get inexpensive insurance for his museum. We are forever in debt to Austin for this generous gift and the care he and his men gave to our villages first motorized firefighteing apparatus our 1912 ALF type 14 city service ladder truck.I apologize if this is not quite appropriate here in the classifieds but just thought a little history would be interesting.Picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

The man behind the wheel Picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Price lowered to $250 with free shipping.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration