FS Early Running Board Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Early Running Board Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

One complete set of four early running board brackets $50.00 plus $18.85 domestic USPO shipping. Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Reduced to $45.00 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

Reduced to $40.00 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

Mark,
Can you do us a favor when you take photos of Parts for Sale -Take them on a blanket or something else as its Very distracting against a bunch of Gravel. I sure others would agree with me
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Joosse on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Mark, do these have the thinner or fatter arms coming from the frame? And then for what years would these be appropriate?
Thank you,
Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

Not certain. I know this style was used up until late 1920 production. Maybe an "expert" can chime in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:29 am:

Starting in 1914 the brackets were made "thinner", especially where the truss rod bolts onto. Then in 1916 made even thinner, and used up until the stamped style. What is shown is definitely the "thinner/lighter" style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Thanks for the education Tim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 10:42 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Joosse on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Thanks Tim! Going through a pile of about 20 of them. Now I can sort for appropriate years.
Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Fred..if you have any with the thicker boss for the truss rod I'd be interested. PM me if you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Joosse on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

Tim, I'm not trying to hijack this thread from Mark. I think there's at least one in the pile, but I probably won't get to look until Monday. If Mark has any for sale and wants to chime in, I would invite him to do so.
Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

I only have the one set as listed above; however, thanks to Tim, I'll know the earlier style when I see it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Fred...let me know. So often when dealing with the earlier types, it's catch 'em when you can, usually one at a time! I'll like to have a good pic of it naturally, but the fatter boss is usually pretty easily distinguished compared to the one's starting in '14. No rush.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Sold!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:01 am:

It may help others to identify early ones if they check the end near the frame. The late ones like those shown in Mark's post are characterised by having cross section which is the same from top to bottom, like a diamond with rounded sides. The flashings from the forging process are at the top and bottom of the iron, indicating they are forged from the sides.

The earlier ones are much more pear shaped in cross section. In addition, the forge flashings at the frame end are on the sides of the arms, indicating that the forging dies came together from top to bottom.

That said, there are other differences, some of which are inconsistent.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration