Items For Sale at Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Items For Sale at Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Following items will be for sale at Chickasha
Rebuilt 1915-1916 Ford Coilbox $350.00 Correct 1915-1916 one piece lid and sheet metal coilbox. New Ludwig Gocek switch/key and new Randall Anderson original style switch plate, FunProjects wood replacement kit properly installed and coilbox professionally painted black. Coilbox and rebuilt coils integrated and tested for proper operation.
Four Rebuilt 1915/1916 Ford metal top coils $300.00 Coils rebuilt by Ron (Coilman) Patterson. Guaranteed one year.
Four Rebuilt 1919-1927 Ford all wood coils $250.00 Coils rebuilt by Ron (Coilman) Patterson. Guaranteed one year.
Note: Buy the rebuilt coilbox and a set of rebuilt coils and get a 10% discount. Take delivery at Chickasha and save the shipping charges.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Forgot to mention there is no coil core return requirement if you buy the coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Beautiful work, Ron.

RV's 1915 switch plate is really nice, too.
Did they originally NOT have the background black?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

Ron,

PM sent.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

1919-1927 rebuilt coils have been sold to Bob Doris.
Thanks MTFCA Classifieds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:06 am:

No, original brass face plates appeared as above on RV's repros - no black - I have a NOS from Otis Clinton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus Devolder on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

And, this is one of the reasons why I don't go to Chickasha any more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus Devolder on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

P.S. Not picking on Ron or Bob here. It's just a sign of the times I guess, with the internet and all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

But Gus,

What bargains that were not advertised may be there?

Sure, $$$ for travel, lodging and meals would be saved, but the excitement, the aroma of grease and oil, the meeting of people of like minds, the "thrill of the chase", the entertainment of bargaining - possibly bartering - the camaraderie as well as the absence of paying tolls on the highway will not be yours to enjoy :-)

Besides, I'll bet (a little) that Ron will bring another set of 4. :-) :-)

(Message edited by adave on March 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Gus, the internet need not be a hindrance; it could be an opportunity. I really wanted to go this year but schedule would not permit a physical visit. That doesn't mean others in the same situation can't benefit from visiting Chickasha virtually!

For Example: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/733480.html?1488853980

Than abide by traditional Swap Meet norms; No sales prior to the event so "get there" early for the best deals. "See" you there! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus Devolder on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Dave,

Those are the things I miss :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

I will be posting some things here this week that I will be bringing to Chickasha... reason is that someone who might need it, also might know someone who can pick it up for them if they're not going to be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

I am not sure what some of these comments are intended to convey?, but I will sell whatever I want, wherever I want, to whomever I want, for whatever price the buyer and seller agree upon!
So who is being naive here:
"...abide by traditional Swap Meet norms; No sales prior to the event so "get there" early for the best deals"
"Those are the things I miss"
Obviously from someone who does not understand the realities of the Chickasha pre-opening entrance gate lineup gauntlet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

There's rules at a swap meet? Dave in Bellingham, far from Chickasha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

Obviously from someone who does not understand the realities of the Chickasha pre-opening entrance gate lineup gauntlet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

Ron, my comment was directed to a reader disenchanted with travel and expense to attend a Swap meet only to find items they thought would be there were sold days or weeks prior to the event via the internet. I offered by example a virtual internet approach which addresses their concerns by simply restricting sale of advertised items until the day of the virtual event (akin to gate lineup gauntlet, etc). That's all. Nothing more....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:08 am:

"...paying tolls on the highway will not be yours to enjoy." Mister Thrfty takes alternate routes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Ron, I agree with you on this. I do wish you and John were still buying the Pizza !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

I think this makes it pretty clear how these were being sold, doesn't it? It is stated clearly in the first post offering this merchandise for sale:

"Take delivery at Chickasha and save the shipping charges."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

Stan, I suspect the disenchantment arose from the title: "Items For Sale at Chickasha"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus Devolder on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Ron,

Did you miss the part where I stated, "Not picking on Ron or Bob..."

That means: I'm not blaming you or anybody else for anything, nor suggesting you did anything wrong. Just how things are at and before swap meets anymore and, for me, it takes some fun out of it. Let's not all get in snit over it, there's no need for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

The "gate lineup" phenomenon exists at every swap I attend.

Basically you get guys with flashlights (since it's early in the morning) looking through your stuff before you unload it. Typically so they can get it cheap and resell it at a profit at their spot.

It's capitalism and a free country so I'm not opposed to it in principle, but it still irritates me...mainly because I enjoy setting up my vendor space and selling my stuff on my own terms. It's part of the fun of being a vendor at a swap meet.

So...I always throw out my most high/optimistic pricing for items and that usually makes them move down the line.

(Message edited by rustyfords on March 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Believe it or not but its been about a decade since I've been to a swap meet. I will be at Bakersfield this year (only about a 7000 mile drive) as I timed a trip during that time. Needless to say I will be looking thru the classifieds but figured I would post a "shopping" list so if somebody is trying to figure out what to bring it can give them an idea. Of course I also welcome the "I've got that, are you interested for $$ and I can bring it to Bakersfield"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Although there will always be "holdouts" (hard headed old car people?) the Internet has democratized the way we buy or sell almost anything. Think Amazon, antique or modern books and most everything else.
My grandson taught me that almost anything you want to buy can be found 25% cheaper on-line with free shipping.
Because of this swap meets are drying up.
I can find old books I purchased 25 years ago for $50 now for $20. They were always out there, but until the internet no one knew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 10:51 am:

All items have been sold.
Thanks MTFCA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration