FOR SALE; BENDIX #10

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; BENDIX #10
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Bendix #10; $61,00; NOS Original spring just out of the original box.NOS bolts New main gear and counter weight. NOS front and rear lock bolts, New colar pin and spring set. New lock washer front and back. Please include $6.80 Shipping.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Bendix number 10;

Bendix # 10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:35 am:

Please note the price of the Bendix number 10 Has been reduced to $61.00 plus $6.80 shipping.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Bendix # 10 still for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:22 am:

What years would that run on Dave ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Mike as far as I know the same Bendix is used on all original starters. Ford starter installing them from mid 19 to 27. It cost $50.00 more to have what they called an electric car that included the starter and generator. Around here many non electric Ts were ordered because $50,00 was a lot of money back then. Many Ts around here still do not have starters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Lance on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Hello,

I am in need of a bendix for our 1926. I was wondering, dealers sell a new one for $73.95 which states the newer one eliminates the problems that existed with the older reproductions. Not knowing exactly what they mean by that, is NOS or new the way to go?

Thanks,
Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Phil: I know that a lot of people around here were having problems with the reproduction bendixes for awhile. My bendixes parts are mostly original or NOS. Some of the main gears are New. The springs are all NOS still in the original bozes, or at least they were before I took them out to install them. Bolts are all NOS. Some of the collar pins and their springs are new. Lock washer are NOS. The main shafts are original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

I meant to say that the main springs are original and in original boxes before I remove them for installation.

spring boxes

main shafts

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration