Wanted 23" rear Kelsey rims for TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted 23" rear Kelsey rims for TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 01:31 am:

Helping a friend with a TT. He has 23" Kelsey wheels/fellows on his chassis, and somehow ended up with 6 Hayes rims. Need two good Kelsey 23" TT rear rims. Call Jeff 562-370-8794

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 02:02 am:

Jeff, Please post some pictures of your extra rims and the wheels that you need rims for. I may be interested in some of your extra rims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 08:15 am:

Jeff, Ditto on the pictures of your extra rims. I also maybe interested in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:00 am:

I have 6 Kelsey rims, send me a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Sorry guys, we haven't been back over to where the truck is stored to get any pictures of the rims. Of the six, two have been cleaned up and were not too badly rusted but have several cracks that have been welded but still need more work done. Two more are rusty but in decent condition, and two are rust pitted. I'll post pics as soon as I get some.

Hayes rims for TT's are 23" diameter with six lugs similar to demountable 4 lug T rims. Kelsey rims do not have mounting lugs. The felloe has a large pin near the valve them hole, and the rim has a thick steel tab that locates on this pin to prevent the rim from rotating. They are held in place by lug nuts with attached tabs.

It appears that Kelsey rims also had an additional ring or spacer that went on the felloe and under the lug nuts after the rim was installed. I don't know if all Kelsey were this way or not, since we found a very rough set that had a ridge around the outside edge that the lug tabs seemed to rest against with no room for the additional ring. Perhaps a more knowledgeable TT person can comment here.

Dennis, PM sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Got the description wrong on the Kelsey anti spin system. The rim has the large pin near the valve stem hole, and the locating tab is on the felloe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

I have 2 Kelsey TT wheels, 23", that need restored and need a good home. They are in OHIO.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration