FS 1915 center door or couplet headlight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1915 center door or couplet headlight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 02:57 am:

I think this is an early 1915 headlight from a centerdoor or a couplet. This is the same as was on the 15 centerdoor I use to own. The bucket is deeper and the headlight socket is in a lower position. It's complete, one dent in the back portion. $100.00 plus shipping. Kdmks AT att.net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:02 am:

I have never seen one of those before or even heard of one, and there have been three of them listed on here in the last few days! What was the purpose of the offset socket location? Ain't this forum amazing!! :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:48 am:

David, my 19 center door had a pair like that. It had two separate bulbs One bulb was in the center like any other and one was real high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Dave. I am still looking for 5 of those unique sockets for my 1919 c-door.

Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

I meant 3 sockets! Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

Dang... I had one of those lights and didn't know what it was so I sold it REALLY cheap at Chickasha last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

Here is a link to an earlier discussion. There is also another link in the discussion with more info...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Dave H., yeah, I've seen many of the two bulb style lamps, but this is a first for me on the single bulb style. So, does anyone know why the socket is offset? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

Here are pictures of mine with sockets. The metal clip holds the socket in the reflector. If anybody has extras, I need three.

Sockets

sockets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 01:43 am:

OK Now that makes sense! I have seen the two bulb style as I said, but I've never seen the back side of the bucket. I just assumed they had two holes for the sockets. DUH!! Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration