Wanted: 1911 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 1911 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

I am looking for a 1911 Model T Touring car in running condition. I'd love to find an original or early restoration car that still has it's original leather interior and original engine. I prefer a car with some patina - a preservation candidate and not a frame off restoration. If you have a car that fits this description or know of someone that has one, please give me a call at 586-281-6334 - I am a serious buyer with cash!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Still looking!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Seen one for sale on the Horseless Carriage classifides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Where? I've checked that site constantly and haven't seen one for sale in a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

he may be referring to the 1911 listed in the HCCA classifieds on 3/02 and discussed here at length. that car sold in less than 24 hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

But have you seen one for sale today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Slauterbeck on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

Hey Bill, I stumbled across this 11 touring. Not sure how correct it is or the price but I thought I would pass it along.
http://www.blueovalranch.com/content/1911_model_t/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Dave,
Looks like a Nice Car! to bad they replaced the 1911 Engine with one from a 1913
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Dave,

That 11 has a 13 engine and a later rear axle and a lot of later parts. Looks nice but I think Bill wants something a little more original to start with. Keep looking cause I would like to own one myself someday after Bill gets his.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Thanks, everyone, but Bob is right - I'm looking for a car with it's original leather interior and original '11 motor but again, thanks for the heads up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Slauterbeck on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Hi guys, thanks for the education. I've been following Bill's quest with great interest as I suspect a few of you are. Being new to the Model T hobby, I still have a lot to learn about what is correct and what isn't. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for any 11 that may come along...you never know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Thanks, Dave, and that's a sweet looking '15 T you have there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

One of the biggest problems I have with this kind of ad is that it's mostly pictures of the same thing, just slightly different poses. Lucky to get the piddly few of the engine. Like to see what's underneath the car! Never know what lurks beneath them! As a friend of mine mentioned, it could be a '13 chassis with an '11 body stuck on it. And for all that, they don't even give the price?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

The price is $29,900.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Wow, that's a LOT of money for a car with the wrong engine, wrong rear axle and a terrible (and wrong) interior!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Hear here Bill! Not impressed with that car at all! Maybe for $19K, but lately there seems to be a lotta guys around that think their cars are "special".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Agree with Tim. While I like that there are many different angles of the body, as you never know what little detail may show up, if you're going to all that trouble then do the same thing with the mechanicals.

And... Stop saying things like in the ad like "This beauty is very original with the exception of a 1913 Model T engine installed". If you don't know, then find out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Sean and Tim -

That is the price I saw on the website, guys. It is not my car...

The question was asked about the price, and I provided an answer after finding the original website posting.

It is their car to sell for whatever someone will pay for it. Caveat emptor.

Mike Hanson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Mike:
I hope you don't think I was getting on you as I was not. Apologies, though, if you felt I was.

My point was aimed at the "dealer". We've got guys on this site like Josh who is looking at moving his 1911 and trying to represent it as accurately as possible, even asking for help so he can get it right. My kind of guy. Cheers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Mike, who is Josh and where is his '11 advertised?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Josh has a roadster with a mother-in-law seat:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/734111.html?1489029770

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/734111.html?1488997596

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Oh yea, I forgot! Darn memory loss!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Nice looking to bad it has mis matched parts. Sharp looking though. Not to wild about the the interior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Perhaps I missed this but what an '11?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:48 am:

Still looking!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration