Wanted a set of hood sockets for a early touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted a set of hood sockets for a early touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

hi I'm in need a set of early hood sockets if theres any body out there that would be willing to part with them i..................................... id like to put my car on the road for the henry ford 100 year in Ireland ?ford cork plant .. a new set is 6 months waiting time THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

A simple clarification for some of us on this side of the pond. What Andrew S refers to as "hood", we in the USA call a "top". What we call the hood, he would call the bonnet. Great Britain and the USA, two wonderful nations separated by a common language (and a pond).

Andrew S, Are you wanting only original hood (top) sockets? There are a couple people in the USA that make new ones or remake later styles to appear as early ones.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

hi there yes top sockets is what I'm looking for thanks for your reply ? john in CA is one guy making them ,but I told he has a waiting list of 6 months thanks very much for your time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Yikes Wayne .... referring to the South of Ireland as Great Britain is like saying ... The United States is the same as Canada since they're both in North America. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 05:11 am:

Mark O, You are right, my apologies to all sides, I meant no offense to any there. I may have should have said "British Isles". I do sometimes get confused by all those layers, with different small nations belonging to one layer of association, and not another.
Most of my ancestry is English, Irish, and Scottish. For whatever that is worth?

It has been a long time since I have spoken to John (down Auburn way), but had heard he was very busy and taking awhile to complete orders.
I believe Jack D also makes up top sockets? I do not know what his offerings are these days. But I would think checking with him would be a good idea.
Andrew O S (Or is it O'S ?), I hope you can find what you need within the time you want it! Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Thanks Wayne by any chance would you have Jack D contact number thanks for your time .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

What year car and body style? My phone is 317-679-6624.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 03:50 am:

Andrew, Looks like you have Jack's contact info now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

I'm still looking thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

do you know what year you have????????? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

yes charley thanks for the looking / 1912 my car is a 1912 thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

touring or roadster?? i have some for touring.no time now time to laeve for chickasha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

Charley their for a touring car thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 07:55 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

bummp

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration