Wanted: 26/27 Headlight/ tail light lense

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 26/27 Headlight/ tail light lense
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

I need one 26/27 headlamp bucket. I do not need any of the other parts. I need a lamp that mounts on the headlamp bar with one bolt in the middle. I also need a lens and mounting bracket for a Hall accessory brake/ tail light. These lamps were sold by Ford as an option and have the Ford script on top. Does anybody have these parts?
Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Stephen,

If you know someone in the Dodge Brothers Club or someone with a 4 cyl. Dodge Brothers car, the later 4 cyl. Dodges used a Hall-made combination tail/stop light.

The lenses interchange with the lamps on T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 12:36 am:

Mike, the difference between Ford and Dodge is the Ford license plate bracket was thin pressed steel and the Dodge was thicker pressed steel, plus it wasn't drilled to bolt directly to the Ford fender stand.

Stephen, I thought I sold you a Dodge license plate bracket, previously?
I may have an extra 26-27 headlight bucket, but I think it is rust pitted and would require filler putty on it to smooth it for painting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Terry, you did sell me a bracket. I put it on our 25 touring. While the bracket you sold me was nice I would like to have the correct Ford one for my coupe. I understand they're difficult to find but, I'm willing to wait until I find one. I would prefer to find a headlight bucket that I don't have to repair with body putty.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Terry,

You are correct. I was only referring to the lenses. Everything on a Dodge Brothers car was more substantial than a Ford, even the price.

I currently own a '27 "Slow Four" Business Sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Mike, I thought Dodge called them, Fast Fours. You meant its slower than a T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Terry,

The "Fast Four" series was introduced in the '27 model year. However, the earlier type engine (without the starter/generator as they went to the North East "Dual Electrical System") was briefly continued into that model year.

Those units produced with the earlier type engines were referred to by the Dodge followers as "Slow Fours".

At least that's what I was told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Mike, I was just wondering what the difference between a slow four and a fast four, was.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration