1915 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1915 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

I have a 1911 an a 1915 Model T. Last weekend I decided I need to go down to one car because I just don't have space for two and to be able to work on them. I really want to get back to working on my '11 so I'm interested in selling my 1915. It's very close to stock, meaning I run coils, it runs well on mag, and a near-stock engine. I have done some things to make it more drivable; it has high compression pistons, modern valves, a Stromberg OF carburetor (that's a really nice upgrade), Buffalo wire wheels, a Ruckstell axle with long nose shifter and external brakes (reproduction Rocky Mountain Brakes). It has very few miles on the tires, and with the Buffalo wheels it has a spare. Everything on my car works, including the speedometer (it was gone through by Russ a number of years ago). It has a Fun Projects coil box kit and brass top coils done by John Reagan. I also have a rebuilt short block that I plan on including, but if you don't want a spare engine I will drop the price $1,500. I'd recommend taking it, it's worth over $2,000 and would cost more than that to build one up. The car runs well and is dependable. I prefer the wire wheels because I live in the city. If you prefer wood wheels I have most (probably all) of the parts to build a set and the best person to build them is Stutzman's in Ohio. I know I have a set of rims and some hubs, but I'm not sure if I have a complete set of hubs. When I restored the body I installed a new wood kit from Cuble's, new upholstery and a new top. With the Buffalo wheels and spare engine I will sell it for $17,000. I can't say it's perfect, it's been about 20 years since it was restored and I've driven it many miles, but it's a very respectable, good looking car. It's been over the Sierra's a number of times and performed well.

I work nights so I much prefer to communicate over email. I'll try to post pictures eventually but I wanted to get this out there for now. Snapping pictures in the garage and emailing is quick and easy, resizing to post is a pain so I'd rather email them to anyone seriously interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

I'm finally adding the pictures. The first two, taken outside, are from 2 years ago at a friends house. The others are taken yesterday in my garage... excuse the mess! The klaxon horn has been added and the mirror changed since the earlier pictures were taken.

The spare engine is spoken for, so I am now asking $15.5k. The car is registered with the 1915 YOM plates. If this sells to someone in CA they can stay with the car, otherwise I plan on passing them on to a friend that will use them. Right now there is a dogleg intake manifold; that will be removed and an original aluminum intake installed. There is room to tinker, or you can tour with this car as-is.

Please contact me with any questions. Email is generally best!

Drivers side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Poffenroth on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

Great car! Good luck with your sale!

Let's see the 1911. I just bought a 1911 test will be delivered soon.

Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Hi Don.

Its pretty well dismantled right now. I had painted it green when I restored it and I'm now changing it to blue. That's one of the reasons I need the space! I'll post pictures as it progresses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 10:05 am:

If I was to own that car, it would have a home for the rest of my life, then my kids and grandkids would fight over it !!! Absolutely beautiful Gary, good luck with your sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 10:23 am:

When it rains.... this 15 has my name all over it, but so does this Model A speedster that took me years to track down and once found I have been lusting for it, and that car is now for sale...

Go figure...

I think I'm being tested, aren't I?

(Message edited by stork on March 18, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Great car...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 06:53 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

This is sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration