Wanted 1923 Steering Gear Case

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted 1923 Steering Gear Case
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

I am working on my "23" Depot Hack. The front axle is finished new bushings, bearings,and pitman arm. Now it is time for the steering column everything inside is toast, the steering shaft, drive gear, gear set, and case all are junk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Glenn, I believe I may have a case. Let me look and I'll let you know what I have.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Stephen, Let me know if you have a case. If it has a good shaft and gears and you would be willing to part with it, that would be great also.

Thanks,
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Dutch I sent you a PM>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Glenn, I have a very nice gear case that has been replated as well as a top cover that has been replated. The set screw is in the side though, not in the top as usual. The case has very good teeth and very little wear. The bottom has a pretty big nick in it but the quadrant should cover it up. Does $50 + shipping sound fair? I also have some planet gears that are still good but no center pinion. You can have them for nothing. Send me a PM.

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Thanks to all you guys for looking in your parts supplies. Sam has helped me with a replacement column.

Thanks again !!!!!!
Glenn

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration