Pull Starter Accessory for Inside of Car FS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Pull Starter Accessory for Inside of Car FS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:42 am:

How often do you see these?
This appears to be a complete pull starter kit for inside the car. The driver can simply pull on the handle to start their Model T.
It is in very good condition. First $600 (buy it now) or best offer gets it. I will take emails in order. I am going to Chickasha so if you settle with me before I leave today I can deliver there.

Ad

Email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 08:54 am:

email sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Sold in less than 10 minutes!
thanks MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Out of curisoity if the buyer plans on using this on a car can we get a report of how it works along with some pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Personally I can't see how that would work unless you got a real strong arm. Especially on a new, tight rebuild. More of a cool fad item to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:56 am:

There was an older fellow who installed one on his very low mileage, unrestored '17 touring here in the Twin Cities.

No problem for him to start the car - it worked very well.

When the ignition is on battery, all it takes is a slow pull to bring the piston into the proper position for the cylinder to fire and then let internal combustion take over. In other words, the engine really does all the work, not the guy pulling the handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

A few years back I bought a foot operated starter. It went in the 17 Touring quite well, believe it or not there IS room for a fourth pedal. It would only turn the motor a 1/4 turn and was very hard when the motor was cold, but was great once warmed up. That Touring is now in England.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

I still haven't gotten around to installing these two different hand pull from the drivers seat starters yet.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/168184.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/124401.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

When I was a kid a fella name Harry Johnson gave me a ride in his special 1911 center door yes 1911
He had a pull starter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

They often were marketed to women, to keep a woman out of the rain and traffic. Ads often show a woman pulling the handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 09:53 am:

Right or wrong, my son starts our T with a foot starter switch by pulling the choke out, hitting the starter a few revolutions and then turning the key on Bat and then sliding the timming rod until it catches a coil buzz and the T kicks over.

So, I presume a hand starter is doing the same thing, just priming the engine and carb and then the switch energizes the coil and combustion occurs. On a mag car, I'm thinking like others, it would be difficult to generate the momentum needed to energize a coil.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration