Parts in B.C. or N.W. Washington

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Parts in B.C. or N.W. Washington
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 04:57 am:

Hi,
I've been piecing together a model T shell for 20+ yrs since I found the skin and adopted it intending to resurrect it one day...I'm looking for:
1920-22 roadster
- steel low cowl firewall
- dash board
- gas tank
- f/r springs
- any body mount tabs
- frame body mounts
- headlights and mounts (non brass)
- '22-3 lower cdn. windshield posts (not the early vertical posts)
- rad shell and rad (non brass)etc.etc.etc.
I'll be straight up and say I can't afford to pay much for these parts so i'll look at rough parts, this is for reassembling a rough car not a concours restoration - thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Rik I have all this stuff.Sent you a pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Thanks Jack! I've p.m.ed you back thanks for your reply....south Oregon is a long trip for me (a couple days)so I'll leave this up for now

Does anyone know what duties/taxes etc. I would have to deal with at the border on old car parts? -thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

I forgot also:
- decklid
- toe board braces
and i'm sure there is more lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I'm just a bit west of Tacoma, WA - drop me a note as I have probably most of what is on your "wanted" list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois,Aldergrove BC,Can. on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Hey Rik,there is a guy up in Merritt BC,names Jack Cross.
Cel-1-250-525-0983
Email is jcross83@telus.net
You can email or phone him what you need and he may have it. He's coming down to the Coastal swap meet in Abbotsford on May 26-27.
I just talked to him last week and he had just picked up a trailer load of T parts.
Good luck with your build.
PaulB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 01:23 am:

Call the border boys and ask them straight up. Tell them you have
this old hunk of junk and a Yankee offered to give you some parts
to put it together. Will there be a duty ?

I have brought old junk (most people think old rusty stuff is "junk")
across the border going both ways. Friends doing the same try to
hide the stuff and make a fuss and tell of having problems. I just
drive up with it in the back of my truck and (if asked) tell them I
helped a friend clean up some stuff in his field. They don't seem
to care beyond that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

Thanks very much everyone for the help and the replies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Thanks Burger that's what I did when I found the body in Washington back in the '90's! lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

Check with William Bender in Seattle he posts here often. His supply of model t parts is unequaled by anyone in the northwest. If he see's this post he will reply. I might add his prices are very reasonable and well stocked.

just sayin'

brsscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 09:16 am:

You didn't see the amount of T parts I scrapped when I relocated last year let alone what I retained, Howard - Bill is not the only guy with T parts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration