Wanted 1915 closed spool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted 1915 closed spool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Need to replace the rear end in my 15. The current on has a open spool.
I have purchased a another without the spool.
Looking to buy a closed with studs & nuts.
Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Steve; When you change to a closed spool you also need to have rear end housings that mate with the machined 'lip' that exists on the closed spool but not the open spools. You may want to look at where the spool mates to the housings and see to be sure you can use the closed spool. Of course you can always get a closed spool and grind off the lip, but that sort of defeats the purpose when you're trying to go back to original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

Steve I sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Steve;
Did you get my PM?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration