Adapter plates for model A transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Adapter plates for model A transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

These are the adapter plates that are needed to adapt a model A transmission to fit behind the T transmission. I have never done this so I can't speak to the process. These seem very well made.
$150 shipped
Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

I can shed some light on these if someone has an interest. I made them 20-30 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Question: So this would be like adding a Warford transmission? but you need another clutch? trying to figure out how this would work...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Mounted behind the T transmission same as Warford, Jumbo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Joe I would appreciate knowing more about them. Regardless of if they sell or not. P.S. nice work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

I'm also curious how an A transmission compares to the Accessory T transmission in performance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 01:11 am:

So joe please do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11:00 am:

As I remember! The thick plate (1" thick) I welded two 1/2" plates together, replaces the main drive gear bearing (input shaft) retainer at the front of the Model A transmission. The input shaft of the Model A transmission needs a square machined on it to mate to the Model T transmission. The ring fastens to the bearing retainer at the rear of the Model A transmission. The intent was to use an extra half of the fourth main bearing that is found on the driveshaft of the Model T inside the rear bearing retainer, giving the ball on the driveshaft something to pivot against and then allowed the standard Model T driveshaft to bolt up as normal. A U joint needed to be made from the front of a Model A mated to the rear of the Model T. A support would be suggested under the Model A transmission to relieve some of the strain on the entire driveline. Making the adapters was the easy part. I never did the conversion, found a Jumbo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

$125

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Sold to John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, March 24, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

Back for sale $125

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Sold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration