Ruckstell TT Rear End Worm Drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Ruckstell TT Rear End Worm Drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MARGARET EVERSOLE on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

My neighbor has this for sale. He took it apart to make sure everything is working. Extra reduction and springs. Also, has Rocky Mountain brakes of which one has a weld repair.

Hopefully, I have attached the right photo. I can send more photos to your email address. $2,000

We live in Collbran Colorado and you would need to pick it up or we would have to charge to ship it in a crate via freight company.

Thanks, MargaretRuckstell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Margaret, the gear ratio may help make this more attractive if it is 5.17:1 instead of the 7.25:1. Just an opinion or something someone may want to know. Good luck TS,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MARGARET EVERSOLE on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Hi Tim,
Dick hasn't opened up this guy since we posted it for sale. He said that he doubts that is the smaller ratio. We think that the standard worm gear ratio is 7.25:1. Thanks for the question.Ruckstell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:54 am:

Margaret, you might tell your neighbor that better pictures of the RM breaks and of the aux trans(second pic) will help to sell everything as the axle by itself is overpriced by 10X, showing the trans and brakes is what anyone would be interested in. I have 4 axles sitting around and would be very happy to sell them all for half that much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Is everything $2000 or just the Ruckstell? Jerome is correct that a TT ruckstell is worth about $200 in unknown internal condition. This is not an attack on anyone, Just my experience, as I have bought 4 or 5 in the last 10 years all around $200. Do you have the drive shaft and radius rods??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Looking more at the trans picture my guess is it's a rear mounted in the driveshaft transmission, could it be a "LINCOLN"?

No attack was meant, in fact the post sparked a memory of a frame and axle with 20" wheels I stopped and looked at in Colorado last year. I had been driving by for at least 3 years when I finely got someone home to ask what they wanted, no DS or radius rods. I simply left after saying thank you when I found out they wanted $1,000.00. It turns out he was someone who drags stuff home like a scrap metal dealer but had no idea what it was worth. The pinion had also been removed, so pretty much just weight and the wheels.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration