Transport needed: Texas to California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Transport needed: Texas to California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linus Tremaine on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 08:41 am:

All,
I have a small trailer I need shipped from central texas (driftwood) to just about anywhere in california. If anyone is coming to the bakersfield swap meet...

The trailer probably needs to be hauled on another trailer as it has old tires and a weird hitch but it may be possible with the right person to flat tow it. I dont have a time frame that is required at this time.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:13 am:

FYI, members, Driftwood is west of Austin, TX.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Linus, Please give us some dimensions of the trailer as well as a little better description so one of us might know if we could fit it in.
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linus Tremaine on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 10:26 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182503034231?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Outside dimension:

98 L x 65 w x 53h

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linus Tremaine on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:04 am:

I suspect that length doesnt include the hitch an tounge. I can confirm that....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linus Tremaine on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Also,
It sounds like it comes with an adapter to attach it to a regular to ball, so it can be flat towed but it has no spare tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

We are headed that way sort of but dont have a trailer to put it on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 06:23 am:

Linus,

I started out doing vintage trailer transport on a custom built flatbed trailer ....

@ http://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/vintagetrailertransport.html

You don't want anyone towing this - it can be destroyed.

Ideally you want it hauled in an enclosed trailer
directly from pick up to drop off.

I have a Model T to transport from California to Mississippi after the Bakersfield Swap Meet.

I could possibly transport this to you in my enclosed trailer.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration