F/S: Model T project/donor 24/26/26/27 $1500 Atlanta, GA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: F/S: Model T project/donor 24/26/26/27 $1500 Atlanta, GA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

For sale is this project/donor Motel T. Iíve been asking some question about it on the forum and have done a few hours work on it, that is the extent of my knowledge base of this 24/25/26/27 Model T. Picked up the rolling chassis in an estate sale with some body parts and some body parts I had left over from my WWI War Wagon project.
I just donít have the garage space to take on another T at this time. I purchase this one for the tires and wheels only, the rest, I left alone after putting on some wheel rims just to keep it off the ground.

The Good:
Itís a T
Sept.1924 engine with water pump, 26/27 coil box, horn, Holly N/H carb with swivel top and date plate, new head gasket. We have started this motor and it runs. Starter and generator. 4 dip pan.
Late 25 frame with replaced front crossmember
Wiring harness looks good wired for headlights, horn and tail light
Steering column with wheel and horn button appears 26/27
Cowl and dash. 26/27 gas tank and straps and strainer buld all solid.
26/27 headlights and bar
Some kind of front fenders with 26/27 fender irons and braces
26/27 running boards and splash shields
One rear fender
A windshield
Floor boards
Ebrake with rods and brackets. No shoes in large drums.
Hogshead is missing low gear lining, but has band. All other linings and bands intact NOS lining set included
Radiator
Hood
Complete battery box and proper cables
Starter switch works.
The bad or unknown:
Radiator has not been tested
Needs coils
No rear brake shoes
Rims are for rolling only
Photos speak for themselves, it is what it is and thatís all it is. Located in the Atlanta, GA area, but I have homes in Lakeland, FL and in Leavenworth, KS and could work something out for transfer. GA is a no title state, so sold with bill of sale only. Please PM me with any questions or if you need additional photos of a specific area or part. Iím passing it on for what I have in it. $1500 OBO. A running engine and hogshead ought to be worth at least that, I would think.

Thank you for looking and reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Robert wish I had room myself for it. The engine sound ok? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Yes, the muffler didn't help, but no knocking or obvious issues. If it doesn't sell, I'll lug it out to KS and put it in a barn and have a good spare. Maybe part this thing out. It's got a lot of neat little things like the horn button, good steering column, batter cable bracket, brake parts, etc. I understnad the gas tank is not being reproduced anymore and that alone is worth having as a spare or replacement. I could take what's here, clean it up, put on a wooden seat and bed and have a nice little fram truck.

I'm offering it to some film studios here in Atlanta to have something in the background or a period movie or finish it off cheaply and have a driver in a movie scene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Is that a ketchup bottle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Hey, whatever works! Needs to be vented and it's a little too close to the exhaust manifold for my comfort level. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

That explains the explosion!

Just kidding, we don't work on these all the time, so that is what came to mind. Pin hole in the opposite end kept it from collapsing. Red bottle is unleaded and yellow bottle is leaded. Just kidding again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

A 24,25,26,27 ... that sounds like a Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William D. Rathert on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

sent you email. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Bill, sent you a reply. If it's still available when I head out to KS, we'll talk.
I'm getting flooded with emails about specific parts and I MAY go that route, but I'd rather not get into the dismantling business on my driveway.

The few parts I am selling on the classifieds were loose parts that came with this project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Here's the vieo of the engine running. Muffler is bad, gas from ketchup bottle, no choke or carb adjusting, just plain old running...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-VtJZfQ_g&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

After see what someone else is asking for a running engine alone, this running engine and complete rolling chassis has got to be worth at least a fair offer. Maybe?

I can always put a low reserve on it and off to you know where.

For those of you who have PM'd me for parts from this, the jury is still out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

SOLD. Thanks, John. And good luck with your first T. Welcome to the affliction!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration