Shopping list for 15 Canadian touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Shopping list for 15 Canadian touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Starting to gather a few things and will certainly need more as I go but wanted to start the search.

Need 1915 frame to firewall brackets - believe they are same as US car

'15 Canadian forked electric headlights(and forks), I believe they would be made by Clasco (Canadian Light and Stamp company, which was a division of EJ lights in Canada)

'15 top clasps for holding the bows. These are used instead of the saddles that were used in the US.

I have provided sample pictures of the lights and clasps. (thanks for the picture if I stole it from a previous post of yours)

There may be some questions on weather or not these are considered to be correct for my car but I am finding the most information (and opinions) that say this is what I need.

My email is bhealey(at)northland.net or phone 315-five25-1646

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Bob Bergstadt had a top clamp listed,he may still have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

I got a set of clasps, still looking for other parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:26 am:

Brian, my car had the same headlights. The forks are the ones used on the earlier cars. Mine also had a brass bell magneto horn. That will be difficult to find.
The firewall to frame brackets can also be somewhat unique. Mine had two hole brackets made of cold rolled steel. They mounted on top of the rail like the forged brackets, one leg rising up from the rail and then bending back on itself down to the rail again. They had the similar offset, but being symetrical, I think one bracket suited either side.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Thanks Allan, do you have any pictures of the firewall bracket? I was assuming it was the same as the US cars but didn't do any research on those yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Ok, back in the market for the clasps, thought I got a set but they are for a roadster. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration