WANTED: Correct Front Leather top straps for 1913 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: Correct Front Leather top straps for 1913 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:53 am:

Is anyone making the correct front top straps for the early cars? These should be blackened leather and have no rivet at the end where the footman loop attaches to the bow. The ones available from the distributors are all incorrect that I've found so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Jim, did you try Classtique? If nothing else, I bet Mike can make some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Jim: Russ Furstnow makes the correct straps. RV Anderson makes the little retainers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Russ buys the buckle loops, as they are properly called, from me, and puts them on his very nice front straps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

There must be some confusion. I just talked to Russ and he says that the riveted leather strap is correct. That won't work on my car since I have the buckle loops/retainers... or whatever they're called. Also, my footman loops are RIVETED to the top irons. They are not screwed into the wood bow.bow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

All straight now...I learned that there are more than one style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

James, all the original 13 fords Ive seen are like your picture above. Kim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration