FS 26/27 rebuilt transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 26/27 rebuilt transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

A spare 26 transmission I had was just completely rebuilt by a friend of mine, Dennis Plank. It is ready to install and has a new starter gear. All 3 drums are tight and have no cracks anywhere. They have some minor lines which only run parallel, one per drum. Asking $750 OBO plus shipping. The unit weighs 90# without a crate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Are the magnets redone? What type of clutch? How much to ship to VA 22406? My current transmission was rebuilt and had one of the triple gears hit the the flywheel. People have told me that it was because the gears were not set up correctly and when they got hot they went out of speck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:15 am:

Robert, The magnets are all charged and ready. They have new support spools and brass screws. The triple gears are like new and have new bushings and pins. My friend is a machinist and also does babbitting and rebuilding of T engines. Call me if you'd like to talk about it. 731-618-1595

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Tranny is sold pending payment. Thanks MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Congratulations to Bob and whomever bought his transmission!! This forum never disappoints. I called Bob and talked about things I need to do and things he has done. He let me know that I could call him if I had any questions in the future. What a great guy! I'll try to be quicker on the trigger the next time. Ha! What a great hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

If you are using one of the reproduction U-joints, be sure to trial-fit it into the transmission output shaft prior to installing the rear axle. Some of the reproduction U-joints are too big and require grinding.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration