Seats Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Seats Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

If anyone has 2 bucket seats or one bench type seat that looks like a 2 person bucket, I'm interested.

I installed a small version of the Model T pick-up bed and now California insists it's a commercial vehicle. I had to get it weighed and the headlamps inspected (as in adjusted) and I ran into a wall because the light guy needs to know the year and make of the vehicle. When CHP assigned a vin number they called is a zero year special built car and that's where it all registration ends. I got a clerk at the DMV that didn't know a motor scooter from a Greyhound bus and that's where the run around started. Now I have to get the name changed to (Ford) and a year (1924).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Hal,
I have a double bucket seat on a base,it's not for large people. Picked it up at Hershey maybe twenty five years ago and if I haven't used it by now,probably never will. I can un-bury it next week and send a couple pics if interested at $350.
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Hal passes i might be interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Put the bucket seats in facing backward and you can call it a Brat. That is what Subaru did in the late 1970's so their vehicle would not be considered a truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

Steve, PM sent. Very interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Keith, good thought! Is Subaru an American name? Subaru, Toyota, Honda all are starting to sound American. I bet that brat would be called "commercial" here in this goofy state, but at least I'd have a type and year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 01:15 am:

I have a pair of bucket seats, they are black with read covering. I will try to post a picture, Or you can send me an email (to bill@cdamachine.com) and I can send you more pictures.Bucket seatsBucket seats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 02:47 am:

Hal, You got F'ed over by the Ca. DMV & CHP, they do that to a lot of old car people.
In Ca. 1936 and older vehicles don't have to be registered as commercial.
The problem now is getting it titled back to a 1924 Ford might require moving it out of Ca.
and doing a frame change due to CHP assigned VIN.
You can remove the pickup bed and use a tool box on the back and it's a roadster, (speedster),
but you'll always have to deal with that special construction vehicle designation now.
I hope you have relatives in another title state that can help you out registering and titling it there then back to Ca. as a 1924 Ford later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 03:01 am:

I might add that some times those CHP assigned VIN tags aren't attached so good and just fly off the frame going in to Nevada and say, "Thank God I'm free at last".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joey wilson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:20 am:

try addlers buggy works that's where I bought mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:13 am:

All the immigrants from califunnyland has made
It harder for us in the great state of nevada

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:27 am:

This one is up for sale or auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-speedster-torpedo-style-seat-/381048606025? hash=item58b8444d49:m:mhHAQ8ZW4b70CxR5Rd1H1_g

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Hal,Thought about how close Bakersfield was and the possibility of catching someone going that way next week that could maybe take them if you were interested so I uncovered the them and got pics. Sent them to you over the weekend,did you receive them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

THANKS . The gears are turning, but I found a place that may do all that is necessary to register the car as is. Kevin, they drilled holes in the frame and riveted it on. Steve, I'll pass on your seats. Many thanks for digging them out and sending pictures etc. Give them to Bob in Sparks if he wants them. James, that's what I'm looking for but won't bid 4 a day or 2, waiting to see how the registration goes. THANKS, THANKS!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Bill, They'er close, Thanks. They are pretty but not quite right . Thanks for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 01:37 am:

Hal, I was kind of kidding with the part about the CHP's VIN tag. I could see how much work you put into your car and knew that you probably didn't want to change out the frame. Hopefully this place you are talking about can get your car titled as a 1924 Ford using the CHP's VIN number. I've had some street rod friends who told me that they wanted their latest project registered as a special built car with a assigned VIN and were told all the available numbers were used up for the year, in February, and to try again next year. I hope that they were just joking but I don't know for sure. In any case I hope you get to keep your car registered and stay the way you want it to look with out much more hassle. It is a very nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Hal,
I have a nice 2 person seat very similar to the one on the fire chiefs car in my profile picture. Have had it for years and it is a really nice seat. It is metal clad with nice detail and I will take $300 for it. If interested, let me know. I have included a few pictures of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Thanks Larry, I'm still trying to figure out what I have to do to get this thing registered. My wife kinda decided not to install seats, but a tool box. I was premature posting for seats. Should have decided what I'm doing first. I may still be able to get it registered as is but have to wait a week for the CHP, who originally started this mess, to get beck from vacation.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration