ADD TO PROFILE PAGE1

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: ADD TO PROFILE PAGE1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Just my idea, but I like the thought of putting your Phone Number and E-Mail address in your Profile. If I see something that I want to purchase in the Classifieds I can just look at the Profile, see where the Gentleman lives and call. Otherwise you send a PM and wonder if he ever received it or its sold by the time someone thinks to look for it. Thanks for looking!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

I would ALSO like to see this as I believe many of our PMs get lost! Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

You might post this on the forum. I updated mine to include email. Phone number, no. If someone is interested in what I am selling and wants to talk to me they can ask for it. Because I have my email address in my profile does not mean I will see an email or PM any faster. If I start getting a lot of spam, I am going to pull it.
RE phone, I did a quick check and off hand did not see a place for it anyway, I may have missed it.
I understand where you are coming from. I have posted responses and sent PM's to people looking for items and ether no reply or follow thru, makes you wonder why place an ad at all!
A reminder to people; if you place an ad, check it or your email in box. Please don't place an ad if you are not going to be around to check it, does no one any good.
If you are no longer looking or have found what you needed, UPDATE your ad. It's a good thing for everyone involved. Just because it drops down the page does not mean it's gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

i just did this, you can put your ph # in the personal quote spot. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Only one note of caution... By posting your email and phone number there, is it available to scammer electronic harvesting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Sending a private message via the forum is just as fast a traditional email. I've sent private messages to myself just to test it and receipt of those messages in my email in-box is instantaneous.

I think part of the problem is that folks inadvertently reply to the webmaster instead of the sender's email address when responding to private messages.

When I send private messages, I always include instructions to reply via email, my name and my email address in the body of the message. That way, the recipient doesn't have to decipher the extra garbage that is always at the bottom of private messages and hopefully minimizes user error.

I'm not a fan of posting my email address or phone number in my profile or in my classifieds. I think that is just an invitation for spam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

I agree and I wish all posters would be like Bill and Not John listing with their name where they are located. This really helps when scanning ads or comments about needing help.

This should be reposted again up on the forum section as well.

The "harvest" can be eliminated I feel by spelling out a part of the address like some guys do.

Thanks for posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

As many of you know. I started putting a picture of my handwritten email address at the end of my ads. One of the issues that prompted that was I had gotten private messages that the sender had checked "Do not include my e-mail address in the message" and they did not type it in themselves. Thus I had no way of knowing who they were or responding to them.
Just another of those quirks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Private messages include links to the sender's profile.

Private messages also include a link to allow you to respond with a private message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

pms dont work for me most of the time they come back deliverable. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

I've had my cell phone number and email address in my profile for years and haven't had a bit of trouble from it. You don't need to use the Personal Quote category, you can create any category you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Don't know why some are having difficulty receiving PM's. I seem to get them okay. Perhaps some spam rules are a bit "too tight" for some people? They should check with their ISP on that issue. I have mixed emotions about "publicly broadcasting" both phone numbers and email addresses. I DO give them to folks that I PM privately though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

I would rather see folks change their name to include location.Lot of times you can refer them to someone close to them.They ask a question and then disappear? don't understand that. I'm not important enough to pester and like Uncle Mike don't get a lot of spam,although I have listed my phone and location for years with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 06:48 am:

I have had my phone number and Email both on my Profile page for years with no problem and I also like when people add city and state!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Some people don't want to put any information on their profile page because the paranoids are out out get them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration