What Do These Block Deck Casting Numbers Mean?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: What Do These Block Deck Casting Numbers Mean?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

I noticed these three casting marks on the deck of my mid-year 1924 block and was wondering if anyone knows what they mean.

The number "3" is by the valves between cylinders one and two.

The number "6" is in between cylinders two and three.

The letter "W" (or "M")is near cylinder four.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

They're stamped by inspectors at various points in the machining/assembly process. What they mean to you, is that the block has never been decked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Thanks Eric.

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong section.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration