What Years Range Is My Rear End? What Do I Buy?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: What Years Range Is My Rear End? What Do I Buy?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

What year ranges is my rear end pictured?

This is a rear end rebuilt some years ago. I'm going to open it up to see if the thrust washers are bronze or babbitt.

What parts should I order when opening up this rear end? Any parts at the ends of the axles (felt washers?), and / or at the drive shaft-to-differential case?

Please let me know.

Thanks.freder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Hi,
I'm not an expert but it looks just like the rear end in my 24. I would hold off on buying parts until you have it apart and the parts cleaned. I wound up placing 2 or 3 orders for parts when I rebuilt mine because I missed small cracks and didn't know so,e of the names of the parts. Post pictures of what you find and there are people here who can talk you through almost anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Good idea to wait 'til opened up to order parts.

Thank you, James.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

If the drain/fill plug is half way up the rear axle houses then it is 1919 or earlier. Late 1919 they dropped the fill plug lower than half.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration