OEM Ford wood battery case on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OEM Ford wood battery case on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

Look for item number 252843095809.

I have no connection to the listing or the seller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Early-Ford-Script-Model-T-Miterd-Joints-Wood-Bat tery-Box-Original-/252843095809?hash=item3ade9f7701:g:P8cAAOSwB-1Y4pX8&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

Thanks Mark, I was on my tablet at the time and haven't figured out how to swipe and copy the address line of a website on it yet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 07:30 am:

Very cool. I've never seen one before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Trent posted a picture of a NOS one he has going into one of my battery boxes awhile back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:24 am:

What years are they for and did they have a lid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Tom, the wood battery case fits inside the metal battery box. There are three hard rubber battery "cells" in the case, each cell contains positive and negative plates and has a top and a filler cap. Then some kind of sealer is fitted around the cells inside the wood box to hold them in place.

The battery case also came in a hard rubber version.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/639122.html?1462325700

pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration