For sale Original rad neck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale Original rad neck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

hello I think this is 1920ish was removed from the rad 10.00 US 7.00 to Ship cmavins@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Colin, your radiator neck looks to be in good shape. It is different to any I have seen. It appears to gave an outwardly turned flange on the base, which will give a good solid footprint for the solder joint. However, the Canadian ones with which I am familiar have the flange turned inward. When mounted on the radiator, the raised ring on the top plate is turned down over this flange so there is a mechanical bond as well as the solder joint.

Just for interest.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Thanks Allan Yes you are correct I had a reproduction one and the bottom lip turned in, this one is made of brass and nickel plated. Every thing needs a second chance before it hits the scrap pile. Thanks Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Much too good for the scrap pile Colin. I needed one for my new radiator, as the one fitted would only allow the cap to go on by just one thread. Fortunately, I had two replated ones in my pile of nickel stuff for the roadster, so I was good for a replacement.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration