WTB - external mag drive - clockwise rotation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB - external mag drive - clockwise rotation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:05 am:

I've already got the mag, now I'm looking for either a side mount or a cross drive mount for built for clockwise rotation. All the drives that I've seen are CCW.

Does such an animal exist for a T engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

still looking...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Drive thats clock wise is this one made for the 19-27 blocks
Sold this one month or so ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

OK, given the carb solution that I am now committed to, I am looking for a cross-mount mag drive, still CW rotation. I believe that MATCO drives are CW, I don't know about the Splitdorfs.

Does anyone have something available?

Thanks,
Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

Eric,

There is a guy on the HAMB classified section who makes new side drives like Bob posted a photo of. They look really nice and if I remember correctly not too out of range compared to an original that might be worn. You will have to search to find the listing but I saw it again just this week.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Tim been searching like to find a matco clockwise drive i trade my bosch 3 gear drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Why not change the rotation of the mag to the mount.It is very easy to do with a Bosch DU4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Changing the rotation on a DU4 does seem fairly straight forward, but the mag service guys have said that my mag, ZR4 2 spark dual, would more difficult to source the parts and more expensive to do.

Since I'm getting good leads on CW cross-mount drives, keeping the mag as built seems easiest.

As I said yesterday, I am no longer in the market for a side-mount drive. My carburetion solution is not compatible with the side-mount mag systems.

Thank you to everyone that has responded here, by PM, or off-list.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration