Sprague Model T steering box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Sprague Model T steering box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Schroeder on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:28 am:

I have an original exceedingly rare Sprague steering gear made for the Model T. in excellent condition, Patented 1919. The steering box is a worm gear drive that eliminates the original Model T steering gear. This steering box has been completely rebuilt using Timken tapered roller bearings, the pitman arm is in excellent shape with no wear shown on the ball end. The original mounting bracket is included. $2500.00 or B.O.

Contact me at shaylocomotives@charter.net or 775-265-3632 and leave a message if no answer. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Schroeder on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

There are some pictures of a Sprague steering gear and a discussion about it in the March 8, 2012 at 8:40 model T forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

I'm sure it's there, searched March 8, 2012 at 8:40 and couldn't find.
Could you add a link to it?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 12:11 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/273498.html?1331531438

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

I hope that Kenneth or the new owner of this, makes patterns so that they can be reproduced. The 3-D printing technology is pretty exciting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Schroeder on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 01:29 am:

The Sprague has been sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration