For Sale - Three Firestone Pink E-100-F Spark Plugs with Extra Terminal Nuts and Boxes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale - Three Firestone Pink E-100-F Spark Plugs with Extra Terminal Nuts and Boxes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

Here are three Firestone E-100-F spark plugs for a Model T. These have light pink ceramics and were advertised as having radioactive terminals (the terminals were laced with Polonium 210, which has long since decayed away). Included with the three spark plugs are three extra terminal nuts and two extra empty boxes. All five of the boxes are missing one or more tabs on one end.

$75.00 for all, including USPS Priority flat rate postage. If you are interested, please PM me with your name and shipping address and I will reply with payment instructions. Thanks!

pic1

pic2

pic3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

Bump - Price lowered to $60.00, which includes shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Mark, Ill take them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Sold to Donnie! Thanks Donnie and MTFCA. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Back in the '60s we used to sell them at Ford Parts Obsolete for .50 each!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Donnie, please email or PM me with your shipping address, thanks. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

E-mail sent.... Thanks Mark.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

(the terminals were laced with Polonium 210, which has long since decayed away)

How do you know? Just curious. Any chemists/physicists out there?

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

The half life of Polonium is 138 days. So by today it has totally degraded. The plugs were only "laced" with traces of Polonium. It probably did very little to help the plugs work better. More than likely the only part with polonium in it, is the electrodes. So the amount of Polonium in the plugs even when they were new, was not enough to hurt you even if you carried them in your pocket. The people endangered by Polonium were the workers handling the "raw" Polonium. There are lots of every day items that have higher radioactive elements in them. A few that come to mind are "Coleman" camping lantern mantles, "Fiesta Ware" dinner ware, and salt substitute people use on their food. A lot of hunters and fisherman used to carry a spare lantern mantle in their billfold. It was discovered that those people were getting a big red spot on their butt. The red spot was a radiation burn. Another thing is, if you live or work in a "cinder block" building. The light weight type of blocks, not to be confused with the regular "heavy" type of concrete blocks. The background radiation of a "cinder block" building is double the back ground of a normal building. I would not worry about the "pink plugs", they will not hurt you. There are a lot more things out there that will get you first .... The reason I like these plugs is because I worked many years in the Nuclear Industry. I just like having "Nuclear" plugs in my Model T. :-) :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Polonium isn't dangerous unless you cross Vladimir Putin. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

In addition to its short half life, Polonium only emits alpha particles, which are low enough in energy to be stopped by a piece of paper.

Speculation is that the Russian double agent ingested the polonium after someone slipped it into his tea. When ingested, it only takes a very small amount of Polonium to cause sickness and eventual death.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration