Wanted, rear spring hump or cover...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted, rear spring hump or cover...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

I am needing a sheet metal, rear spring hump or cover for the speedster project. I prefer an old used rusty (but solid) part. It will be used in a patina finish car. I think one from a 1928-31 Model A Tudor or Fordor will work perfect, because the size is just what I need. Ill show an ad for the current repro of the Model A part. If someone has an old junky floor pan, I would love to buy the hump. Or any similar type of hump from any make of car. I would even consider a new repro if someone has one they will not need.

This is the current repro.

This is where I need to use it on my project. The rear cross member shown is the stock cross member. I have replaced it with a 2 inch dropped cross member. So my current cross member sticks up 2 inches higher into the trunk area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 12:46 am:

Donnie, the factory made hump cover in my Duncan and Fraser roadster is made with two arcs of timber on the long side of the opening, covered with a sheet of body steel over the hump. You could do the same if it suits.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Allen, I may end up making something. The one on your car sounds like a good idea. I was just hoping someone had a old used cover, with good patina. Thanks .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Donnie, Why not just buy the repop, throw some muriatic acid on it to "age" it, then let it mellow out in the weather for a while? That, or just bury it in the yard for month or two.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration