F/S: Spare Tire Carrier, but I don't know which one.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: F/S: Spare Tire Carrier, but I don't know which one.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Sorry, picked this up in an estate sale and don't know the history behind it. It fits the 21" demountable rims, but someone who knows T's thinks it was a larger carrier cut down to fit the 21". But cut and hole are nicely done.

Part number stamped is T-7316-A1.

Since I don't know exactly what it is, I don't know exactly what it is worth. Make offer. PM with zip code so we can figure out the shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Reichlin on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

Looks like 26/27 Coupe or roadster to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

That would certainly fit the 21" tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Presume would also work for any speedster or express or hack project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

The 'Y' part is universal to all 26-27's, but the post to the body is 26-27 coupe / roadster. The bolt pattern to the coupe / roadster body may be either 3 or 4 bolt pattern, depending on month and year of production. I think Ford started out with 4 bolts, then Thrifty Henry eliminated one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Thanks Terry. That goes right into the donor vehicle that it came with. 24 motor, late 25 frame and mostley 26/27 body parts.

Either a transitional car or a T salad.

Still available. $50 plus shipping? Feels like it will disassemble and fit into a flat rate box. Or two separate boxes for cheaper mailing.

Or, I'm always up for a trade. Any accessory for the War Wagon. 1915 with express body.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration