Nice RHD Aussie T for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Nice RHD Aussie T for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/cars-for-sale/1924-FORD-MODEL-T-TOURER-JCM34 74869?

1 AUD = 0.76 USD

I've no connection to this car but if someone in the USA buys it we might be able to share a shipping container.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

I think I remember seeing this T for sale a couple of years ago for AUD$30K. Any Aussies know if it's a D&F body? Could that colour be the original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Constantine,
I don't believe this is a Davies & Fehon (Steenbohms) body. It has many differences to my '21, but.........it could be.
Allan Bennett will most likely put us straight.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Rob, by D&F l meant Duncan & Frazer :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Definitely DUncan & Fraser. A very nice car . Price has beeb reduced considerably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Oops,
Sorry,
It just indicates how centered my thinking is these days.....its all about me, eh?
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Are those the correct side curtains? Hardly any visibility out the sides!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 01:43 am:

I have just arrived home from our 3 day Annual Run, to Port Hughes this year. Lots of fun, eating, driving and wind. No breakdowns, with the cars, at least.

The car is a 1920-22 Duncan and Fraser standard tourer. From the photo, about the only thing out of place are the nickel plated headlight rims. A nice car, but I do not know of it.

The canvas top and side curtains are of the original design. The Cathedral windows are original. When I built my roadster buckboard I had them made for mine, plus an extra set which out of which I could actually see! The rear panel in the top had three of these. The body colour could also be original, as D and F painted cars a variety of colours.

If anyone is interested in purchasing it, I am volunteering to go and have a look, just to see the car out of interest.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 04:05 am:

Thanks Allan for the info.

If whoever restored it went to the trouble of making correct style side curtains, my guess is they probably would have painted it in the original colour.

Ad says price is negotiable...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration