Need a Loaner Carb for a Photo Shoot

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Need a Loaner Carb for a Photo Shoot
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

My 24 Touring has been requested to be in a photo shoot for a local production of Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.

I've just about got it running but I'm struggling with my carburetor.

Is there someone who'd loan me a decent carburetor for a few weeks?

I've resigned myself to buying a new NH Carb but my allotted mad money for car projects is spent until next month and the photo shoot is on the 17th.

I know I should be involved in the local Houston area Model T club chapter because they could probably help me out....but they meet on Wednesday nights and I have a standing family thing that happens on Wednesdays and haven't been able to attend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

PM sent. I've purchased one from Dave and have toto send him a check for it. If we can work it out where I get him a money order and he sends the carb diret to you, when you are done with it, you can send it to me. Only cost will be your shipping the carb to me in Atlanta, GA.

Would that work for you? Supposed to be a good running carb, Holly NH. Presume you have a gasket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

You're too kind Robert.

Mike Hansen is local and offered me one.

Thank you though. I appreciate the offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Olson on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Robert, this is is the type of comradeship that makes the people on this forum extend their own generosity! What a great offer!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration