Does anybody know who sells the big oval or square mirrors for the side of the brass windshield?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Does anybody know who sells the big oval or square mirrors for the side of the brass windshield?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

does anybody know who sells the big oval or square mirrors for the side of the brass windshield?

Lange's does not have any and Snyder's does not have them listen in the catalogue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I have the 5 x 7 brass mirrors, Bob 815-633-7244

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:18 am:

Heads up if intent on using one of the large square mirrors on your touring Bob. Not disparaging this fine product from Bob's, its an excellent unit when applied to a robust mounting. This is a heavy assembly where wind force and/or bumping this can distort the frame enough to crack the windshield glass. I had this happen twice on a brass Rands windshield before I replaced this with a lighter gauge rig.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Hargraves on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

Not trying to hi-jack thread, but I am trying to locate a pair (2) of the OVAL mirrors.
Don't want the rectangular.
Thanks,
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

I've been using a large, rectangular mirror on my '14 Touring for about 5 years and have not had any problem or cracks, etc. with it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Poole on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Try Restoration Supply Company in Escondido, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:34 am:

As Richard suggests:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

I have the brass rectangle 5 x 7 for sale price of 125.00 plus postage, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Hello Bob,
I have one pair of the brass oval mirrors left. $140 each plus shipping. Can attach a picture if you are interested.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Hargraves on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Larry,
I'll take them. Payment sent.
Thanks MTFCA

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Hargraves on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Jerry,
Both Restoration Supply and Langs are out of stock on the OVAL ones. Did not ask about RECTANGULAR but Bob has those.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

I got my oval ones from Chaffin. They are very nice BUT my advice is to take apart the mirror and remove the glass then pour in some epoxy into the pressed brass sheetmetal to give it added strength. During the stamping process there is some very thin areas that can crack during driving with normal vibration.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration