Gemsa Where is this going?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Gemsa Where is this going?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Interesting to see. Is there anyone watching

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stuffosale/m.html?item=252853160310&hash=item3adf390976% 3Ag%3ApEwAAOSwls5Y6oh7&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

It seems that the wild cherry 2 race team has raised the bar on another. 2 of these sold at bakersfield. And Eric Barrett still has one for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Only thing I do know is that the ones that were built for particular people racers are worth more because they have history the one my friend Eric has is one of Lauru Thomas As for the ones that were sold in bakersfield they had names as well on them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 12:57 am:

The one on e-bay is serial #25. I have serial #15 and a SOHC version that the serial number has been milled off of. I know #16 is in a running car in Modesto and one of the heads that sold at Bakersfield was serial #22. The #25 head is the highest serial number head that I'm aware of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 01:26 am:

That's interesting. Apparently there are two #16 Gemsa heads. Mine was built in 1973. Yes, it's for sale. People we have spoken with who knew Gemsa have told us his business practices were not up to the same standard as the things he made. A lot of shady stuff happened. One thing Bob and I can say is these heads haul ass. Frightening, actually. After you hit 2500 rpm it's game on and you'd better have a stout bottom end and some nuts of your own. Breaks your heart to upshift while it's pulling so hard. By the way Bob, do you know my name is spelled with a K?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 04:10 am:

Business practices is saying it very nicely. If you went to him to have something built, he would have a
pattern of it before you got it back. I bought and payed for a new overhead $400. dollars in 70, and wild he was making it he sold me a brand new DO Galvin. I still have the T block with the B crank
in it that the over head was going on. In between
the word got out and it was the day to fools met,
one that offered, and the one that sold. I know longer owned the Galvin, It went to N.J. Needless to say I never got the over head he was mad that I sold the DO. His answer was I had been payed enough.
The overhead was a copy of a model A head someone had brought to him to have made, he would shift
the pattern around in the sand to make it into a
T head. If you look at an overhead it has a plug
pressed in it and then re drilled for a T block.
As the story goes that is why Chris would not have anything to do with Gemsa any more and why Chris
built the blue car to win over Gemsa and he did
and then took the blue car all apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Mike I know that you and La- Rue Thomas were good friends can you tell me more about the GEMSA head engine I"m running in the wild cherry 2? the head reads number 103 1964. It's the year on it. Robertaweitzel @gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

I have experimental head #12 made for Jerry Sherman and dated 1965 but it's going to a good friend of mine and a Sherman racing fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

I have experimental head #12 made for Jerry Sherman and dated 1965 but it's going to a good friend of mine and a Sherman racing fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

So there it goes.... fun to watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Turns out I was mistaken on head #16 above- it is actually head #17. As far as my dealings with Joe, he was always fair in his pricing, freely offered advice and always delivered what he promised. At least that was my 1st hand experience with him. My understanding was that the head patterns were modified from the Morales Model A head patterns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 02:13 am:

Ok there is another gemsa on eBay with history. Where's this going

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Here's the ebay auction - 9 bids from two bidders, $6,280 end price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-T-FORD-JOE-GEMSA-OVERHEAD-VALVE-HEAD-FOR-RACING-EN GINE-/252853160310

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Like the man said- it only takes two people to have an auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

The "other" one still available is a "buy it now" 6K, so you can get it for less the $280. Now the pedigree? may carry more value for one or the other which I don't know enough about. Dan, I do hate a second showing up when bidding! The seller may have a different take. Another one to watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Sold at 6K buy it now. I know of six of these heads sold since we started racing the Wild Cherry II. Coincidence? Maybe. Looks like we will have some competition to be the quickest model T alive. See you in Lincoln, guys.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration