Bumper Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Bumper Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Sandberg on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Looking for 1 or 2, 1926 Roadster bumper brackets to mount a front bumper on to. Or a pattern I could use to produce them my self

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Hi Don, I have a set I could make patterns for you.
I need a set of rear split brackets or patterns for a 26 RPU.
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Finding a pair of originals are best if you plan to use them for safety. The originals have compound curves and the steel is heat treated. Home made reproductions won't afford any safety if not treated as originals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Don, as Terry points out, the irons for the brackets are not flat. They are pressed into a lightly curved cross section which adds stiffness to the assembly. I suspect they are hardened too. It would be better to find originals if you can. I have all but two short rear flat bars to make a set for my 1927 Tudor. I can make what I need from A model bars.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration