For Sale, 1913 Model T Ford Runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale, 1913 Model T Ford Runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Dalonzo on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

Motor #138217
Dark Red Body & Turtle Deck
w/Black Fenders & aprons.
Black wheels w/ excellent rubber.
2 front wheels new.
K W Coil Box
Stewart Speedometer, N H Carburetor
Front lights E & J Model 466 all brass.
Side lights E & J all brass.
Tail light E & J all brass.
All Brass acetylene generator.
$20,000 FIRM
call Anthony at 610-449-6774

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Anthony,

Is this Model T located in Havertown, PA ?

If so - I am headed to Sandy Lake, PA from Jefferson, MD to pick up in about a week - then to Burkburnett, TX to drop off.

If someone is thinking about buying this who lives along the way to Texas or further west - at this time I have room to haul it at this time ..

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Slauterbeck on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 06:56 am:

Anthony,
Are there any pictures that you can post?
Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Looks more like a '12 to me by description and engine #.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Tim,

Give him a call ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Would even a '12 have had a red body? I thought the last year for that was 1911. Or was it 1910?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Red was the most popular color in the early days of the antique car hobby. Gotta admit, they look nice. When I got into the hobby, a long time ago, I was told that "09 and '10 were supposed to be red, '11 and '12 were close enough that it was okay to paint them that way.
However, we know a lot more today about the real history of our cars than was known then. My understanding now, is that only about the first half of 1909 were actually painted red by the Ford factory. And only touring cars (runabouts were gray). And not all of the touring cars were red either.
But, I am not positive about all that. Maybe Royce (or Trent B, or?) could chime in here and clarify for us (or me).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration