Looking to buy a Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking to buy a Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Hi All ---
I'd like to find a Model T in the upstate New York or New England area. Within, say, a few hours drive of Albany, NY.
Like to find a brass car through about 1921. Favorite years are 1913 and 1915.
Condition not important as I'd enjoy a project, but a fully driveable car ready-to-tour is fine, too.
Budget is in the $'teens.

I've owned T's before as well as other T-era cars. But right now the garage is empty, and nature abhors a vacuum. . . .

Any leads or suggestions welcome.
Direct e-mail to dwyer12180@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Westerman on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

I saw your ad on the Model T site. My dad has had a 1915 Model T touring car since the late 60's, early 70's. He used to drive it quite a bit around town but now he doesn't use it too much anymore. It is in pretty nice original shape. Over the years he has had the interior redone and a new top put on. He has also rebuilt the engine with a few goodies, such as: Aluminum pistons, accessory carb, distributor, etc. My dad has mentioned selling his T as he is getting near 80 years old. I am 25 miles east of Rochester, which is about 3 hours and 25 minutes from Troy (via Mapquest). If you are interested I can talk to you about the car or give you my father's number. He is looking to get $11,000 cash, no checks. If this price is agreeable to you and are interested please contact me at 315-597-9480 and ask for Larry. Evenings are better to contact me as I am in and out during the day. The car has been in storage for about the last 3-4 years, in my brother's garage about 1 mile from my house. I would like to see this T go to someone that would enjoy it and care for it. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Scott, I'm fairly certain this 1919 is still in the same spot it was when you were looking awhile back. Good car, will need the usual, axle apart and check, engine part just to be sure but that would be it. Maybe some new front bushings. It does have a hood, I just took it off to get it running which I was able to do in about a half hour. The owner is named Will Rose, I will pm his phone number. I don't have more pics but at very least worth a call, it's literally 45 mind from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

If you do go for a look and on Sunday or Tuesday I would be more than happy to join you. It's a non starter car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Scott, as you say you're looking for a brass car through 1921 pls. be advised '16 was the last of the brass, and even then it was only the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Thanks, Tim. I should say that what I am looking for is a round gasoline tank car. That should be through 1921 at least. Maybe 1922. A brass car is a preference but something through 1921 or so would be of interest depending on location and price.

The reason is that, as far as I understand, the round gas tank open cars have seating positions higher than the oval tank and certainly more leg room than the 1926/27 cowl-tank open cars, as much as I like them.

I've found it interesting that as Ford lowered the car and the seating position, the wheelbase never increased. So the legroom got less and less as the cars got newer. I owned a 1913 once, and later a 1912 Roadster, and both had plenty of legroom for my six-foot frame. I can't fit into a 1926 Roadster or Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

20 Touring, I can deliver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell in Michigan Thumb on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 06:42 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodger Wilson on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

Live on the edge... try something a little more unique than a "T". https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/overland/unspecified/1893866. html I have an enclosed trailer and can discuss delivery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration