Teacher for a day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Teacher for a day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 01:23 am:

Our local high school is blessed to still have a auto shop with one of the best teachers I have ever seen in charge of it. Last Friday, 4-22, Steven Williams and myself had the pleasure of bringing my two cars and a spare engine and a bunch of parts to show the difference between today's cars and the Model T.
We were at the school for five periods and each period had doubled classes. Most of the kids were interested with, as usual some kids very interested. Frank, the teacher later told me that several kids like to stir things up but nothing happened and everybody was respectful.
I think part of it was that I told each class that not only do I allow touching of my cars and parts but that I encourage them to touch, get in, try cranking with the key off.
On my touring I took the hood off, the floor boards out, the top of the transmission and the front seat off. That way they could press on the pedals and see the bands being squeezed.
All in all it was a very fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 01:31 am:

This shop is in the basement with a seven foot tall elevator to get the cars up and down. This elevator doubles as a freight elevator to other floors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 01:34 am:

Darn, I did it again. put this in the wrong forum.
Chris if you see this can you move it please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 02:21 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 06:13 am:

Steve, no matter where you put this article you did a wonderful thing, I also have done this at a high school and a museum display in 2003 (100th year of Ford). These young folks need to see and understand how important these and all vintage autos are to our history. It helps to preserve our hobby. A big Thank You, Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 06:27 am:

Steven,

What a great thing to see on a Monday to start off the week ... :-)

You are a Teacher every day - not just on the day noted.

Thanks for posting !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:12 am:

Excellent Steve! Cool to see a young girl in the mix too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:22 am:

Like! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Tim quit looking at those young girls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Steven, Sharing and exposing this kids to our old cars is a great thing. It took a lot of your time and effort to do this. A big thanks. We all appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Ha ha..not hard to Tom! Hope they don't dress that skimpy in your skool! ;)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration