KINGSTON 6 BALL CARBURETOR RAREST OF THE RARE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: KINGSTON 6 BALL CARBURETOR RAREST OF THE RARE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Very close to New Old Stock. Used on a few 1912's and by some accounts mostly on the Torpedo. The only way you can tell this one has ever been run is that there is a little wear on the throttle arm from the rod.

I have not run this. I do not want to dissolve the Shellac on the float with modern fuel. It has NOT been bead blasted, I ran it through my ultrasonic cleaner and scrubbed it in a tub of hot soapy water -- on the outside -- with a soft brass brush. The inside has not been cleaned other than in the ultrasonic. All of the marks you can see are from the factory.

These are so rare that collectors have taken the Overland model, cut and turned the flange to make them fit a Model T manifold. It is still different than this one that is correct for a T. I will guarantee this to be correct and original except that when I got it it was missing one screw on the cover. I replaced it with another screw from a Kingston.

I've had this on hold for a guy who was interested in buying it but he hasn't contacted me and I haven't seen a check so here is your chance. Expensive??? Depends on your perspective....and, I suppose to some extent, your bank account. Buuuuutttttttttt!!!!!! Where you ever gonna find another one??? Where you ever gonna find another one this nice????????? Original!!!!!! Virtually NOS!!!!!!!

In all the years I have been collecting and working on brass carburetors this is the only one I have ever seen in person. I'd put it in my collection but I think it needs to be on a show car somewhere.

I want $3000 for it but I will pay the shipping anywhere in the world.

$500 paypal down when you say you are going to buy it and the balance by check or money order. No credit cards.

I'll just post a few photos, if you want more I can email more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:59 am:

It's a piece of Art Stan! Very well done! It is a first time I saw a KINGSTON 6 BALL CARBURETOR. Wish you all the best,

Mario :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Thanks, Mario. Probably not one T guy in a thousand has ever seen one of these. I know two people with pretty extensive carburetor collections that have never seen one.

The guy that put it on ebay didn't know what it was. He said he bought it years ago and it just lay on a shelf in his garage all those years. He was astounded at how much I paid for it. He said he was thinking about taking his wife on a cruise with the money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:55 am:

I'm used to seeing the little "ball caps" around the top that give away how many balls the carb has. I would probably walk right past this at a swap meet! (Probably still would even after having seen one!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

My dad has one that is just a bit different than that was one on his 12 torpedo that if I could figure out how to post a picture of it I would. It was on a 12 torpedo all it's life and was in Pollard's fire years ago. We had it restored several years ago and they run really well on T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 11:09 am:

As always, I am open to alternative pricing suggestions. 406 949 3448 stanhowemt@aol.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration