WTB- 30 x 3.5 4 lug demountable clincher rim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB- 30 x 3.5 4 lug demountable clincher rim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Need a new, or used rim in excellent condition. The usual vendors i buy from are all out of stock it seems...Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Any of the other vendors who frequent the forum have any for sale?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

You need to say what wheels you have. Not all rims will fit all wheels. google MTFCA; rims

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, April 28, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Great point Mark, thanks.:-) I need a Hayes 2845B rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 11:34 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

John,

I believe I have one. I'll get it out, It's near the bottom of the pile.

It seems to be in very nice shape, no sharp edges or pits just light rust.

I will take some pictures If you send me your Email.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

That would be great Bill, appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

JP NOONAN, JOHN I DROVE TANKER FOR GULF 33 YEARS,WAS THAT YOU I CHASED UP AND DOWN 93 ALL THOSE YEARS? WISHED I KNEW YOU WERE A T OWNER.CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Richard, unfortunately that's not my company, I wish. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Anyone else have a new or good used Hayes rim they want to sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 10:09 am:

John,
I have a few rims and also a repo rim book with many pictured Hayes rims but none with that number. Can you give me some details like-is there a ridge in it that goes against the felloe,is it forged in or rolled,how far is it in from the front edge,how far is the nearest lug from the air hole,is the closest lug slotted or solid,etc. I'll look if I have those details to go on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:15 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/135230.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Thanks Steve for looking, i really appreciate it. I forget where i got that number but I'm pretty sure its right. I will post some pics and measurements a little later to make it a little easier to ID the rim. Sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

OK, here's some pics Steve. It seems that i actually have Ford 2845B's on my car. The Hayes i have is my spare which was the easiest to look at. I assume that the Ford and Hayes are interchangeable. My Felloe's have the notch for the Hayes. The distance between the stem hole and the nearest lug is about 5 1/2 in. Thanks for looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

John,Some of my stuff is across town,give me a day or two to look it all over,but these pics really show what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

OK, thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Hey Steve, any luck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Looks like John has Hayes felloes with the notch on the outer flange for the "foot" of the rim lug.

The rim he shows in his picture is a Ford rim with lugs that don't have the "foot", but they will fit his Hayes felloes just fine.

He could also use Hayes four lug rims with the "feet", as shown here. The Hayes rims have two different shape lugs, both shapes have the "feet", and will fit a Hayes felloe just fine:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Thanks Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

Anything Steve? Did you forget about me? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Thanks for looking Steve, I appreciate it. Anyone else out there have any?....This is getting monotonous. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Tom Greifhahn, did you get my emails?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration