For Sale: 1923 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: 1923 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

I have decided to sell my little 23 Roadster that I have owned for a couple of years. The previous owner rebuilt the engine and running gear before I got the car. It has a Tru-Fire ignition system, new battery, new brass works radiator that I put on it last spring, and five good, Firestone tires. It runs well and looks pretty good although the paint is not perfect and it could stand to be repainted. The roadster is not a practical choice for a family of four and I am running out of room. Asking $9500.00 but I do have a little room to negotiate. Located in the Southeast corner of Tennessee, between knoxville,TN and Chattanooga,TN. You can email me at titus2v13@gmail .com Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Nice car at a fair price, good luck with the sale! :-)

Does it have an apron below the radiator? Hard to see from the picture. If it does, it might be a '24.

What is the engine serial number?

My Betsy is a '24, but the previous owner titled it as a '23 and I left it that way when I transferred the title (one less thing to explain to the DMV).

(Message edited by cudaman on April 29, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

The number on the registration is 7154xxx but I have never researched it. It does have the appron below the radiator and I'm thinking it was a "low" radiator that I ordered when I replaced it.

Regards,
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

This is a message from a friend of mine whose cousin built the car............."Hello James:
That is one of the best 1923 rust free Roadsters around. Here's a couple things I know: it has a new body wood kit, new top, new interior, runs great, this should be a very reliable model T it was a frame off build with everything from bottom to the top cleaned and repaired and painted.
I think if I remember correctly the body paint job was chosen as a lower end job because previous owner didn't want a super slick job, and wanted a more period correct job.. However it did win a junior award at the first AACA national meet it was taken to. Great car James...!" I do still have the AACA Trophy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

Now that I look at the picture more carefully, it does look to be a low radiator car. It wouldn't have come from the factory with the radiator apron, but I guess we know now that one fits below a low radiator. Engine number 7154xxx would have been assembled on February 15, 1923.

Here is a picture I have posted before showing the front view differences between a 1924 and a 1923:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Now you've got my curiosity stirred and i must go to the garage and look!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

I was wrong there is no apron below the radiator....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Nice car. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 06:42 am:

James,
I'm surprised you've still got this. Anyone wanting to buy a carefree turn key great driver that you don't have to do a ton of work on this is your car. Good running driving dependable car, I don't remember one spot of rust when my dad and cousin was putting this together. James if you don't have to sell it if I were you I would be looking for a Ford pickup bed for it and I'd have me a roadster pickup in just a few short hrs.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Well Steve, I've had few interested but no buyers. If it doesn't sell I may just build another building and keep it. I have looked at the wood beds offered by Snyders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Here is the listing on the Chattanooga Craigslist. It has several more pictures

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6099155598.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

Here is the listing on the Chattanooga Craigslist. It has several more pictures

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6099155598.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Reduced to $9000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Staton on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration