1911 Wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1911 Wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 09:18 am:

O.k., I've been posting for a 1911 Model T Touring in original or old restoration condition for a LONG time now and I'm starting to get discouraged. I haven't had a lead since Christmas, so I'm posting now for ANY 1911 Touring that may be out there. As long as it has it's original engine, I'm interested. I am a serious buyer, so if anyone knows of an old fella who has one tucked away and hasn't driven it in a while, please let me know! My cell is 586-651-5760. And thanks for you patience with all my "bumps"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Don't be discouraged!

I pursued this old girl for years before she became available. When the (then) current owner eventually lost his storage space he decided to part with the car among several others. I felt very fortunate to have received the call once his decision had been made.

Interestingly, his name was I J Elliott, the Ford dealer in Porterville, California. He had owned the car since 1939 when he bought it from the original owner for $50. The car was used occasionally for the annual Veterans Day parade. Second image posted here is probably from 1942; I J is the driver.

11carparade

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration