1923 huckster for sale in Wi

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1923 huckster for sale in Wi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:51 am:

I have a 1923 huckster looking for a new home. The only reason im selling it is that my fleet has grown and I cant possibly enjoy all of them at once so this one needs to go. I would rather see someone else enjoy it rather than haven it sit in the garage.

The facts:
it was restored in the 60's I believe it is a reporoduction body but it does have a babcock truck tag on the firewall. I was never able to authenticate it. I have only seen 3 other bodies identical to this one in the last 20 years.

The engine runs strong but has not been restored. We opened up the bottom end and cleaned and checked out the babbit, but it has never been restored since the 60's. It has minor rust and old paint but still is very respectable and turns heads everywhere you go. It has a distributern on it but the mag post does put out some voltage. I never switched it back to coils because it runs so good the way it is. It has new Rebuilt carburetor, generator, exhaust,new plug wires, old t driver tires but never run many miles so they still have knubs on them.

lots of neat accessories like push klaxon horn, spot light mirror combo, and oil and water cans NOS.

The only thing this truck may need is I have never opened up the rear end I have had no issues with it but cant tell you if it has Babbitt or bronze thrust washers in it, and the ignition switch was touchy so I ran a jumper wire across the back to make it reliable. It should come apart and be rebuilt if you want to do any serious touring.

All in all a very nice truck.

PM me for more info or more pics I also have video of it running at speed down the road.

I am asking $8000 or best offer to new good home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner lapeer mi on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 07:16 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Nice T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Hack located in Milwaukee wi

Forgot to mention. New fan belt rebuilt starter

All the iron for seat rails. Tailgate hinges sidelight brackets are made by blacksmith and period correct not reproduction

Body primarily appears to be willow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Hello Kent, PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Huckster Is sold going to a really good home

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Its been great dealing with you Kent, you're good people ! thanks and thanks MTFCA !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration