For Sale 3/4"Drive Socket Set

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale 3/4"Drive Socket Set
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Reversible drive socket set . Consisting of 17 long reversible ratchet handle, 16 long breaker bar, sixteen sockets ranging from to 2, one 3 inch long extension and one 6 inch long extension. Good quality forged & made in Taiwan. Like new, used once. $125 plus shipping. I will be at the Luray, Va Pre War Swap Meet in May and Hershey, Pa Swap Meet in October if you would like hand delivery to save on shipping. Ron Patterson 859-881-1677 or modeltcoils(at) windstream(dot)net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Plymouth, Mi on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PRO-SERIES-3-4-in-Drive-Socket-Set-21-Piece-PS07485/2 03225919?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D25T-HandTools%7c&gclid=CjwK EAjw_6XIBRCisIGIrJeQ93oSJAA2cNtMS2WZXtMy93jbzawBYnrKrS2t1VPf6X6HR3ecBL51wRoCUrfw _wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

free delivery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Well, I certainly screwed that one up!
Consider them sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Ron,

Your set has 12 point sockets - the link to the Home Depot set shows 6 point sockets - also no extension bar.

I am not sure how the actual socket sizes compares but yours has a breaker bar as well ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 07:38 am:

Home Despot set has mediocre to poor reviews. No doubt cheap China shit. I'm willing to bet Ron's wasn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Plymouth, Mi on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 08:15 am:

remind me again the quality that comes out of "Taiwan"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

I have had a set like Ron's for years, Taiwan, had impacts and every thing on them and only busted one socket. Can't say about the china ones. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

I also have a set like Ron's. I have used a five foot cheater on the ratchet and no problems. I bought it Sam's over 20 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:37 am:

Using hand tools professionally for 40+ years I saw Taiwan tools come on the US market. The quality was bad. Now the quality is top notch. Don't be put off by Made in Taiwan. If you can afford Made in USA go for it. BUT look closely...many ''Quality'' traditional US tool lines are sourcing many components or complete tools thru Taiwan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:41 am:

One other note If the brand name is ''Buffalo'' the same metal is used for the tool that a metal toolbox is made from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:13 am:

My wife's Subaru stores often get solicitations to buy parts manufactured in Taiwan and China. The best tag line I ever saw was a Chinese manufacturer of brake rotors. They extolled the virtues of their product line with the tag line, "Taiwan quality at Chinese prices" Just made me want to send a letter of credit to buy a boat load.

just sayin'

brassscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration