Has anyone worked with Rick Rice?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Has anyone worked with Rick Rice?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

I posted that I was looking for a spare tire cover in late March, I got a call from Rick and sent him a check- and have yet to get the cover.

He stopped emailing and/or texting so I wanted to ask for references, before I jump to a conclusion?

Thanks,
Jim Chochole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Has the check cleared? If not, stop the payment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Jim,

Is he a registered member of the forum ?

Anytime you post you are looking for parts or a vehicle - don't put your contact information in the posting - have someone PM you thru the forum.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

Where is Mr. Rice supposedly from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

A Google search on "rick rice mtfca" shows that he had a couple of classified ads in 2016, but since prior year classified threads don't get archived, I get a "404 not found" error when I try to click on the links. No threads (other than this one) with his name in the regular forum. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

If you have the cleared check your bank can tell you a lot by the numbers on the back of the processed check .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

I don't know Rick Rice, so please understand this is not directed at him in any way.

Credit Cards are the safest way to buy, and the safest way to sell.

There are several forum members that I have sent checks to in advance of the items shipping without any problems whatsoever, and, I would again.

However, with an occasional vendor, a c/c means that both parties are serious about the purchase/sale of the item(s).

Yes, I know approximately 2% gets taken by the c/c processor, but what both sides get is a guarantee that the right product ships on time, and that the seller gets paid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Lance on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Assuming this is the same fellow, he had 74 posts back in 2016...someone I would assume safe to do biz with. If you require further help PM me and I may be able to help further if we gather certain details. Don't like to see this happen to folks...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/537182.html?1430413827

From the 2016 Forum:

sername: Rick_rice
Full Name: Rick Rice
Last Logged In: October 23, 2016
Total Posts: 74
City: Akron
State/Province: Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

A question that comes to mind James, is did you send your check to a Rick Rice in Akron, Ohio?

If not, maybe a scammer got you by posing as Rick Rice. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

I think paypal is he way to go, its the safe way to send money . I was looking for a body for a touring car last year and I had a guy trying to scam me I was lucky that I did my check on him and it was to good to be true .. he was pushing me to send money right away .. that's my story just be careful ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Perhaps contact Joe Bell in the Rick Rice post that Phillip linked to? Since Rick knew Joe well enough to give his phone number, maybe Joe Bell knows if Rick is still around. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Thanks guys, maybe he is just out of town. This is my first time working with him, hopefully all is well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 10:37 am:

I am officially ending this thread and Rick is an upstanding fellow who is dealing with other issues more pressing.

He contacted me and all is well. He is a good fellow.

Thanks to all,
Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration